What is Ecole PJ PAC?
We are a group of parents who volunteer their time to comprise the Parent Advisory Council. The purpose of the PAC is to support, encourage and improve the quality of education and the well-being of PJ’s students. We:
- advise the principal and staff on parents’ views on any matter relating to the school, including its programs, policies, plans and activities.
- communicate with parents to promote cooperation between home and school in providing for the education of children
- support the teachers at the school in their work in the classroom
- assist parents to gain access to the educational system
- contribute to the effectiveness of the school by promoting the involvement of parents and other community members.
What are some of the PAC initiatives?
PJ PAC oversees a variety of activities and committees for the purpose of enriching the cultural and educational experience of PJ’s students. Some examples are: Movie Nights, Gelato Days, and Fun Lunch run year round. Special events include the Bonhomme Skate, Voyageur Crepe Luncheon, Santa’s Workshop, and an Artist-in-Residence program. Last year we hosted a fantastic End of Year BBQ and Staff Appreciation Luncheon.
To provide these programs we fundraise throughout the year. We try to make the fundraising, easy, efficient, and rewarding. Some of the programs mentioned above, also work as fundraisers as well: Fun Lunch, Movie Nights, Gelato Days, but also, just by shopping at IGA, or buying Mabel’s Labels, we can contribute.
We appreciate all the support we receive to help enrich the children’s school experience. Support of the programs requires funds, but also time. Volunteering is a great way to know the school and meet other parents.
How do I get involved?
Let us know you may be interested in helping out. Have a look at all the current opportunities and let us know what interests you. Also, attending PAC meetings is a great way to find out what is happening. All this years meetings are listed here. Being part of the PAC is a great way to meet other parents and for you to have a direct effect on your children’s education.