November 3, 2023
Dear PJ Parents,
A student release drill has been planned for Friday, November 3rd, 2023 (1:45pm – 2:50pm).
The purpose of this drill is to give students, staff, and parents a trial run at the school’s Release Plan for students in the event of a disaster. Following an emergency, students need to be located, identified, and eventually released in an orderly manner to ensure they are released to their authorized parent or guardian. On November 3rd, please remember that you need to pick up your child between 1:45 and 2:50pm (K-7). The procedures are as follows:
- If arriving by vehicle, please park along 22nd or Jefferson. Please be conscious of the current construction on 22nd; parking will be limited and congestion will likely.
- Report to the Reception Centre in the gym. Access the gym through the southwest outside gym door (near the portables). Look for the “ENTER” sign. All other doors of the school will be locked.
- Line up according to your last name. Look for alphabet signs to help you.
- Please have your identification ready (picture, government-issued ID). Students will be released only to the parents of the student and those individuals named on the emergency contact forms WITH A GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
- If you are picking up students from another family, you MUST HAVE ID and MUST BE LISTED ON THEIR EMERGENCY CONTACT FORM.
- Once you have checked in, you will be asked to sit in a designated waiting area in the gym while a runner retrieves your child(ren) from the classroom(s).
- Any students who do not have a parent arrive early to take part in the Release Drill will be dismissed at 2:50pm (K-7).
We hope the release procedures and necessary paperwork will not be too time consuming. Students will be retrieved from classrooms and placed into your care as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding with the role play process. Conducting drills tests our school’s preparedness for a real emergency in an orderly way.
In Partnership for Your Child’s Safety,
Principal, École Pauline Johnson